Welcome to "Keep Calm and Carry On". I designed this blog to help me share the thoughts I have about staying centered on my life's journey. Hopefully, others will be able to find some peace and truth in the things I write, and I also hope that others will share their comments with me as we journey through this life. Remember we are all in this together.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Ten years after 9/11

With the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorists attacks just past, I wanted to remind people all the things we did in the days, weeks and months following that fateful day that showed why we are the greatest country on earth. Do you remember how everyone started flying their American flags at their homes. I loved that. Every car that was on the highway had some kind of American symbol on it. Flags, eagles, military. At sporting events or other large gatherings we started new traditions everywhere related to patriotism and our love of this great nation. I also remember how we kind of all supported each other. We seemed like a kinder people. Can we all please get back to these things? It made us a better nation.
What I don't want to remember was the fear we all felt. Some much stronger and different than others. We were a nation under attack and as a people, we responded with a natural reaction; fight back. However, I cautious you to be careful with fear because it can also breed hatred. It is easy to hate something you don't understand, like another religion. But we really need to rise above that and understand that different doesn't mean bad or wrong. Those awful terrorists used their religion to try to justify their actions. Religion is based in Love so that just doesn't fly. Understand - they made that up. They bastardized their religion the same way someone that bombs an abortion clinic in the name of their Christianity bastardize theirs. Their religion doesn't call them to kill anymore than Christianity calls it's followers to kill and we know that it doesn't. Keep that in mind when others are bashing followers of other religions it is everyones responsibility to stand up for one another. We must remind others that terrorists are the ones that attacked our country on 9/11 not the religious group which they claim to belong. Again, I remind you, they are killers, they will say anything to try to justify their self proclaimed mission. They are making it up. Keep that in mind so we can move past the fear and hatred and that will certainly help us all "keep calm and carry on."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about this post. Does it resonate with you? Does it bring a situation in your life to mind? Comments are welcome. Thanks for reading!