Welcome to "Keep Calm and Carry On". I designed this blog to help me share the thoughts I have about staying centered on my life's journey. Hopefully, others will be able to find some peace and truth in the things I write, and I also hope that others will share their comments with me as we journey through this life. Remember we are all in this together.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Modern Day Explorers

I was driving my son, Zeke, home from somewhere the other day when he said, "hey mom, can we go exploring?" I was so happy to hear him say this because, you see, I "explore" all the time. I will just take off down a road we've never been on before to see where we end up. Once Zeke and I were on a back road for over 45 minutes when I decided we needed to head back the way we came because I had no idea where we were going to end up, and we'd already been driving quite long.
Anyway, I was so glad to hear Zeke say he wanted to explore, because I think it shows a sense of adventure and light heartedness, and I believe that's good for a person. It's just a little adventure, but an adventure nonetheless, and apparently, he had enjoyed it when he was with me and I had decided I wanted to explore.
So, off we went down a road we had both wondered at some point where it went. Oh the fun we had!!! We saw 3 deer, 2 chipmunks, a squirrel AND found where the road came out - two words - new shortcut!!! In addition to that bonus, it was a great adventure with my Zekie, and we were home in less than an hour. I mean really, you can not beat that. You should try it sometime. It's like the old "Sunday drive" which I loved as a kid. It kind of puts everything on hold in our crazy lives and justs lets you be together "exploring". It's a great way to help us "keep calm and carry on."
Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about this post. Does it resonate with you? Does it bring a situation in your life to mind? Comments are welcome. Thanks for reading!