Welcome to "Keep Calm and Carry On". I designed this blog to help me share the thoughts I have about staying centered on my life's journey. Hopefully, others will be able to find some peace and truth in the things I write, and I also hope that others will share their comments with me as we journey through this life. Remember we are all in this together.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Doing the Right Thing Never Goes Out of Style

Sometimes it feels like doing the right thing is not what gets you ahead in life. It is hard to watch others around you who are self-serving or not honest in their dealings get rewarded for their behavior.  I know we have all been told "What comes around goes around", "Karma's a bitch", "He'll get his", and on and on. However, at the time you might be dealing with a difficult person or situation, these kinds of statements just don't help much. The people that say them mean well, but it just isn't what you want to hear when what you really need is someone telling you how or where to bury a body. Am I right!!! Of course I am.
Once we are over the pain, disguist, anger, sadness, or whatever emotion we are feeling when life is getting the best of us, we have to remember to keep calm and carry on. It is even okay to take a moment or two to feel sorry for yourself. Everyone does that sometimes. Don't stay in that place though. It doesn't serve you and only seems to suggest that you may have given up and given in to the negative around you.
Once you've taken the time you need to mourn whatever you feel you've lost, you must pick up and move forward always doing the right thing. Living with integrity, being fair and honest, and doing the right thing never go out of style. I can't say I always stay calm and carry on. Sometimes it just feels like life gets the best of me and it is all just TOO unfair. It is during those times, I try to remind myself that no one said life was fair and if they did, they were lying. It isn't always fair and that hurts. Sometimes it hurts more than other times and for longer times than others. However, regardless, we have to fight the good fight. Think about what your mother and father, grandparents, or others you respect and have gone before you might want you to do, and then Fight On! It is always good to remember what Friedrich Nietzsche said, "He who fights monsters must take care lest he become a monster himself."
I learned a lot about doing the right thing on the back porch at my mom & dad's house, but thats another blog. Just remember, keep calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about this post. Does it resonate with you? Does it bring a situation in your life to mind? Comments are welcome. Thanks for reading!